Palestine

UNRWA: 810 Palestinian citizens displaced from Rafah within two weeks

Geneva (UNA/WAFA) - The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) announced on Monday that Israel forced 810 Palestinian citizens to forcibly move from the city of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip during the past two weeks.

Since May 6, the occupation forces began a ground attack on the east of the city of Rafah, while the next day they occupied the Palestinian side of the Rafah land crossing, stopping the flow of aid and preventing the sick and wounded from leaving the Strip to receive treatment abroad.

UNRWA said, via “X”, that “displacement continues in Gaza, and it is estimated that more than 810 people have been forcibly displaced from Rafah during the past two weeks in search of safety.”

There were about 1.4 million displaced people in Rafah, who had previously been forcibly displaced by the Israeli occupation, claiming that it was “safe” before launching a ground attack and intense air strikes that resulted in hundreds of martyrs and wounded.

UNRWA confirmed that “every time families are displaced, their lives are exposed to serious danger, and they are forced to leave everything behind, in search of safety, but there is no safe area.”

It renewed its call for an immediate ceasefire.

The occupation forces continue to close the Rafah border crossing and the Karam Abu Salem commercial crossing in the southern Gaza Strip, for the fourteenth day in a row.

According to press sources, during the period of closure of the two crossings, the occupation forces prevented the entry of more than 3000 aid trucks into the Gaza Strip, and the travel of about 700 sick and wounded people for treatment outside the besieged Gaza Strip.

Yesterday, Sunday, the World Food Program stressed the need for “safe and sustainable” access to aid in order to prevent famine in the northern Gaza Strip, “but (Israeli) evacuation orders prevent this.”

The World Health Organization said yesterday that “supplies of essential medicines and fuel are very low in the Gaza Strip, and movement is limited due to security restrictions.”

While the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) warned that failure to open land crossings and safe access to them portends the continuation of catastrophic humanitarian conditions in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli occupation continues its aggression against the Gaza Strip, by land, sea and air, since the seventh of last October, which resulted in the martyrdom of 35,456 citizens, the majority of whom were children and women, and the injury of 79,476 others, in an infinite toll, as thousands of victims are still under the rubble. .

(is over)

Related news

Go to top button